Thursday, August 13, 2009

On being Indian and being Marwari

Well, of all the things in my life there is one that I have a love/hate relationship with is my culture. I am absolutely proud of who I am but there are certain things that I am not so sure of - one example would be my parents need of getitng me married. Because I am a marwari my parents think since I am 26 my biological clock is ticking and I need to get married ASAP! Well, a disastrous plan. I haven't been able to handle my girlfriend's, how am I supposed to handle a wife? - God knows! and also, which girl would in her right brains marry me. Yep, ask my ex's and there is a reason why I am not with them. I have come to realization that I am not a good boyfriend material. I like my independence way too much, and I can't afford to give security, which often at times is required in a relationship. Oh well!

Marwari is an Indian subcaste and people originally hail from Rajasthan. The usual age of a groom in Marwari community is 22-23. And yes, all my marwari friends have been married!

No comments:

Post a Comment